Date(s) - 08/25/2018 - 08/26/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
250 Yonge Street Suite 2201, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2L7 ,
Leading SAFe – SA Certification – This is a 3 day “Leading SAFe” program.
Day 1 and 2 – Understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions.
Day 3 – Scale Agile Project Hands-on workshop. You will learn about Agile teams, communication, gathering requirements, continually delivering quality and value, and measuring progress. Through group discussions and hands-on exercises, you will gain a deeper understanding of Scale Agile as a software development methodology and how to put it into practice.
We run this Scale Agile Project Hands-on workshop on a monthly basis and you can choose the date convenient for you. Please look at our workshop calendarand let us when you want to attend and we will reserve the spot for you.
Each classroom training program includes our Lifetime Continuous Learning program. This program will ensure that you are prepared to face changes within the Agile landscape.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
About Leading SAFe Program
During this three-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skill set that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- The renewal fee is $100
- Name: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
What will you learn
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Creating high-performing teams and programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Understanding the 4 configurations of SAFe (Team, Program, Large Solutions, Portfolio) in detail and how they are connected
- Lean Principles and Agile Manifesto
- SAFe principles – which defines the foundation of SAFe
- What is considered “Essential SAFe and what SAFe configurations form Essential SAFe
- Practical hands-on experience through a simulation exercise which will help everyone understand every aspect of SAFe
- Continuous Delivery Pipeline, which includes
- Continuous Exploration of ideas
- Continuous Integration of the work which is developed
- Continuous Deployment to production
- Releasing on Demand
- Why is Innovation time so important and understanding what goes into IP iteration?
- Retrospective needs to be done continuously and the importance of “Inspect and Adapt” process in SAFe
- Understanding the details of “Portfolio” and “Large Solutions” configurations
- How the 4 configurations, namely “Portfolio”, “Large Solution”, “Program” and “Team” layers interact with each other and map together
- A unique technique to prioritize backlog items using WSJF at every level
- How to estimate better
- What is the role of leaders and how do they get involved in SAFe environment
- What are the Enablers in SAFe? The importance of building an Architectural Runway
- Understanding the responsibilities of Technical Architects and the critical role they play at every level of SAFe
- Understanding the roles of Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Architects and the career progression in the SAFe world
- Best practices of SAFe
- Connecting with SAFe practitioners and reading their Case Studies
We run this Scale Agile Project Hands-on workshop on a monthly basis and you can choose the date convenient for you. Please look at our workshop calendar and let us when you want to attend and we will reserve the spot for you.
- Select a product for simulation – i.e building an enterprise Portal
- Practical simulation of SAFe ceremonies including
- Identifying Value Stream
- Setting up ART/s
- Defining roles of SM, PO, Team, RTM, PM, Architects, BO, Sys Teams, DevOps
- FRABID model from Portfolio to Team
- Pre-PI Planning
- PI Planning
- Post-PI Planning
- Program Board and Retrospective
- Actual Iterations with Team Demo
- IP Iteration (Innovation, Planning, I&A – System Demo)
- Retrospective and Backlog grooming
- Discussion with people from the industry who are actually doing SAFe preferable different roles
- Comparing SAFe to other scaling frameworks like LeSS, DAD, Nexus etc.
- Tools that support Agile Projects
- Version One
- JIRA addons
- AgileFant and more
What is Continuous Learning?
Continuous learning is about the constant expansion of skills through learning to increase practical agile knowledge.
Training and certification alone cannot prepare you to do the job. There is a level of qualification that must be achieved. This is where our Continuous Learning Program begins.
Our Continuous Learning Program focuses on the results of training through practical application.
How does Continuous Learning work?
You will automatically be enrolled for the continuous learning program once you complete your professional (P) or professional diploma (PD) certification.
Lifetime Access to Bi-Weekly Live Online Agile eWorkshop:
Our Agile eWorkshops include access to our team and experts. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions related to the Agile landscape. These live workshops will happen twice a month. These workshops will address the changes taking place in the marketplace and how we can adapt to them as a collective.
Lifetime Subscription to Bi-Weekly Bite Size Agile eCoaching Videos:
These videos answer the most frequently asked questions posed by our Students and participants. One of our agile practitioners will answer the question and send it out to our students. These videos will be sent out twice a month
Bookings are closed for this event.